Thursday, June 25, 2009

Coming soon.

They should arrive today! I am so excited.

Had the most surreal experience yesterday. The phone rang and a familiar face popped up on screen. I panicked a little. A window for a quick coffee but I had to turn it down. I could reschedule my therapy but I wasn't ready to face it and to see that person leave again in the all too familiar scene after would be hard. We probably passed each other, you going to Euston and me going to Kentish Town. I was vigilant but there was no art house movie moment. See you in 2 weeks.

Was on the GPS on the way to an old housemate whom I haven't seen for 3 years. I was really excited, she is all goth and heavy metal, and I did not know what to expect after all these years. She now lives in a beautiful little studio, in a really nice neighborhood (in stark contrast of where we live before, a grotty warehouse in Seven Sisters). She still looks the same, in fact better (just started up her own business, a survivor of the Camden fire and a true inspiration). Had a nice chat whist she was prepping for the inking to some heavy mental band. I was lying on her masseuse bed looking out the window, the clear blue sky, palm tree in a light breeze whist she was buzzing away working on my arm. It was the most pleasurable tattooing experience I ever had. I did not realize how much I actually missed her and her french accent.

WHERE ARE THEY?! GRR...

They were right at my door the whole time, I had my cans on.

No comments:

Post a Comment